New Year. New You. New Plan to Keep Your Pets Stress Free.
Parties, fireworks, loud noises, bright flashes of light. New Years can be a scary time for the cats and dogs in our life. If you notice your pet whimpering, hiding, following you from room to room, trying to snuggle or even trying to escape – then your pet is exhibiting signs of fear and anxiety. As pet owners, it’s our job to provide a safe environment for our fur-fam, and DAC is here to help with a Countdown to a Pet Friendly 2020.
8. Make sure Microchips and ID tags are up to date. More pets get scared & run away during fireworks than any other times of year.
7. Close curtains and windows to block out flashes of light. Setting up a calm and quiet space will keep the stress to a minimum.
6. Turn on some white noise or soothing music to keep the sound of parties or loud booms to a minimum.
5. Stuff a Kong or other puzzle toy with your pet’s favorite treat to keep them focused on snacks instead of noises. Keep party food & booze out of reach!
4. Get your pet into a Thunder Shirt. (you can find these at pet stores & our Home Delivery Store)
2. Get some dedicated exercise time before the festivities begin. Playtime, practicing tricks, and long walks will all make for a sleepy pet.
1. Call your veterinarian to ask for HELP!
Many types of anxiety can be managed before your critter begins the downward spiral into panic, with long term medications or episodic medications – all without sedating your pet. We even carry some all natural supplements.
Take the Noise Aversion Quiz here to find out if your dog would benefit from treatment.